Friday, February 01, 2008

I'm "For Sale"!

To cover the costs of the extra art classes, the High School of the arts where my daughter Geneva goes requires (a) some tuition of course, and also (b) an annual donation of "an item worth $50 or more" that they auction off at the big ritzy "Gala" fundraiser/show each Spring. Last year, Daleen made some kind of gift basket, but this year, she decided that we should auction off a "Live musical performance by Keith Comer". We put down that I'm "worth" $200 (!), and sent in a set of CDs, and some pictures of me singing.

Click here to see the auction.

The Items are posted alphabetically, and mine is titled "An Evening of Entertainment" so I'm on the first page (of 11). Third row, second column.

The auction went live last night, and, as of right now, there's already one bid! 75 bucks! Most of the stuff hasn't even been bid on yet. It's nice to know that I'll at least not go un-bid-upon. Feels a little weird to be "up for sale", though. I'm also hoping that, considering "An Evening of Entertainment", that the lady that bid on me read down a ways and understands that I'll be singing and playing guitar, not, um, other things...

No comments: