Monday, March 03, 2008

Keith solo at Yorba Linda -- 29Feb2008

Nice night. Kinda quiet, but it got better, as they usually do. A friend from work, Tony, came by with his two little kids. The boy (5?) was too shy to react much, but the little girl (3?) really liked "Rubber Ducky". Walked up and asked me to play it again 5 minutes later in her tiny little voice. They didn't stay very long, but it was nice to have somebody from work actually hear me, finally. Not that he's the first, but pretty close.

Also, an old Indian Princess friend and his daughter dropped in right at the beginning -- I have to imagine just by coincidence. He bellowed out "Play 'Dancing With Bears'!", so I did (except it's "*Waltzing*"). The may have listened to one more song, and left. Other plans, I suppose.

My wedding couple were there, too, again. She asked for some of the songs that she wants me to play at the wedding (in July), but I think we're pretty squared away, except for how long "Something" runs versus how far she has to walk during it. I'd hate to have her hit the altar in the middle of the second verse. I'll have to figure out how to gracefully quit at various points in the song, before I get there.

I played right up to 10:00, but it turns out that they close that store at midnight, so I played a little more, until I was getting paranoid because of our recent troubles on that account, and quit at 10:20-ish. There was a guy who seemed to be the manager-in-charge for the night, and he thanked me graciously as I was packing up, so I don't think I made anybody mad. (He had, in fact, dropped some money in the jar earlier on -- it's strange when the staff does that...)

As I was walking out the front, which is pretty far from the café where I was playing, the front desk girl called out "Thanks for playing for us!" That was pretty sweet.

No comments: