Saturday, September 27, 2008

Keith at Borders Costa Mesa -- 26Sept2008

Worst. Gig. Ever. That I can recall, anyway. Only a few old men there, reading intently. Nobody even remotely listening. I tried to carry on anyway, but it was just too depressing. Not even any crazy people to play for. Before I even stated a lady asked me when I was starting, and said that she had top go to a meeting, but that pull she'd be back at 8:30 ('cuz she'd heard us/ me before, and liked it. But by 8:45 she wasn't there and I couldn't take it anymore.

So I packed up left. First time I remember bailing early on a gig. Usually playing for quiet people is still better that being home doing nothing, but this was just humiliating.

Of course, I find out later that my brother came by at 9:00, and must have missed me by only a few minutes. That only made it worse...

No comments: