Sunday, October 26, 2008

Keith at Borders Mission Viejo -- 25Oct2008

Started off pretty awful but got better by the end. For some reason, I couldn't get my throat to kick into high note mode for the first hour and a quarter. It was weird. Some kind of lump or tightness in there. But it finally and suddenly cleared up, and I could sing pretty well again. By then, though, the place was half empty, which is pretty rare for this store. I can't remember seeing it not completely full, ever. I'm trying not to think it was me that emptied the place.

I was hoping/expecting to have my fiddle-playing guest star there again, but she'd had finals the week before and hadn't had time to practice, so she begged off.

Still no sign of sweetie-pie Manager Sally, for several gigs in a row now. Maybe she's on the day shift now, or maybe she got transferred. It was fun to play with her there - she's a huge James Taylor fan, and was on the verge of getting the nerve together to come up and sing something with me. That would have been fun. Oh, well.

No comments: