Monday, October 25, 2010

K&W at Borders South Coast Plaza -- 15Oct2010

I'd only just gotten back from our trip to Japan the day before, so I was a little spaced out and unrehearsed, but at least not too sleepy. The sound was quite loud (inadvertently -- but once you've started, it's too late to back down), but clear and wonderful, as it always is, here.

It did seem more bass-y than usual, so I had to do some tweaking to get comfortable, but eventually was loving it. It wasn't until the very last song that I noticed that I had turned up the amplifier's reverb at last weekend's ill-advised campfire. That's usually off, 'cuz the harmony box takes care of it now. But I guess I had "double reverb", which may explain the odd, but lush, sound.

Had a mother/daughter (or big sister?) pair right up front, right from the start, so we got some participation right away. More than the usual amount of friendly listeners this time.

And my voice was almost completely back on track, finally. I still can't hit the very highest note that I used to have, but it doesn't appear much. And my nice clear tonality is back too, so I'm pretty happy.

Unfortunately, my usually-reliable almost-every-Saturday gig at Spectrum seems to have dried up (I could only book two more until the end of the year!), so just when I finally *can* sing I'm not gonna get much chance to actually do it.

But it was a great night, and it was a thrill just to hear my (functional) voice coming out of the speakers again.

No comments: