Thursday, November 19, 2015

Keith at Senior Center -- Thursday, 19Nov2015

The people who work at this "Senior Daycare" program assure me that nobody remembers my last visit or that they've already heard me play those songs. I guess it's specifically a program for memory-issue people, so that's probably true for many of them.

But I can tell it's not true for all of them, so I tried to do some different songs this time. In particular, I made myself do "Since I Fell For You", which is a real screamer, so I have to really put it out there. But several of them were falling asleep (it's just after lunch, and most of my stuff is pretty mellow, so, understandable), so I knocked it out to try and liven the place up a bit. And it may have worked, too.

But I also did the ones they like to sing along to, "Georgia On My Mind" and "South of the Border", and couldn't resist doing "Cool Water", just 'cuz it's from 1948 so even the oldest ones there should know it, and it sounds *so* cool with the harmony box.

No comments: