Saturday, February 25, 2017

K&W in Laguna Beach -- Saturday, 25Feb2017

We had a real cold snap so it was low-50s all night, which caused low traffic and an even lower stop-to-listen ratio. Oddly, after no bums at all for the last few months, there were several this time, but they were just in the way, not terribly obnoxious. As a concession to the heart repair procedure I'd had the Monday before, I brought my stool, which has the added benefit of allowing me to use my foot tambourine, though I seldom remembered it was there...

Three little girls and their dads came by for ice cream and a few songs. The girls all had wrist-bouquets, so I asked what the deal was -- they were on the way to the Father-Daughter dance at the school. Cute.

We did have some nice people at times. A couple of young ladies came by and wanted to take pictures of Warren. After a while they were picking songs, but apologized for not having any cash, to which I said my usual, "Don't worry about it -- if we were out here for the money, we wouldn't be out here."

But I guess they dug through their purses and found some emergency gas money or something because they both ended up producing five-dollar bills to buy CDs with.

At the end, a crazy-looking guy came by and was standing way too close and intensely staring at our hands and guitars, and asking questions about the equipment and chords and stuff. Warren has run into him before and he apparently plays hard rock down there occasionally, so I guess it was "professional curiosity", but it was just a bit too intense...

No comments: