Monday, February 13, 2006

Father-Daughter Roller Skating

The Girl Scouts put on an annual Father-Daughter event, and this year it was roller skating, with a "70's" theme. This apparently meant "disco", but since nobody still has their white Travolta-suit, I don't know what they expected of us. I wore jeans and my old "hippie tie", which I actually *wore* through most of the 70's, and after Daleen cracked out the high school yearbooks (prompting gales of laughter from the girls), Acacia went with jeans and a "peasant blouse". 70's, but not "disco". Whatever.

We had a great time. I got the feel for it back after 10 minutes or so, and was zooming all over the place -- and Acacia's always been a good skater. Geneva came along to help with the picture-taking setup, and seemed to have fun doing that. She only got to skate for the last 20 minutes or so, but she didn't seem disappointed.

Fun music, too. "Brick House", "Play The Funky Music", etc. Fun to skate to.

No comments: