Thursday, September 07, 2006

K&W at SCP - 01Sept2006

Kind of a strange night. Warren was held up at work, so after stalling as long as I could, I played the first 5 songs without him. It's hard enough to just Start Out with him there -- without is even worse.

But we did OK, after settling in. My brother came by, and I enlisted him to take some video with my vidcam -- which in retrospect was a stupid idea. We'd like to have some video clips of us playing, of course, but since I'm still trying to capture some songs for the Live CD, I was obliged to stare down at the book to try to get through the songs mistake-free, which, I'm sure, makes for some pretty unattractive video footage (I haven't looked yet). We'll have to try again sometime when the CD is over with.

We did manage to get some good (audio) takes, though -- especially at the very end of the night. At least two, and maybe four, of those takes will end up on the CD. But there are still a few "essential" songs that have so-far eluded us, so, next stop: Yorba Linda on Friday.

No comments: