Thursday, November 16, 2006

Halloween 2006

Because of the Japan trip, Halloween snuck up on me this year. Daleen, typically, had much more foresight and built a princess dress for Geneva, and a (very re-usable) Hogwarts wizard robe for Acacia.

I took Acacia over to a friend's much-more-active tract for Trick-or-Treating, so that was fun. Geneva, being In High School Now, went out with some friends, with no parents for the first time. There were no phone calls from the police station, so I guess it went all right.

We have a pretty lame and mostly-non-participated-in annual costume contest at work, to which I usually just wear my astronaut jumpsuit. This year, I was half resigned to just skipping it like everyone else, but I don't want to be That Guy, so, the night before, I built a "Silent Bob" wig out of yarn, and painted my beard black with Daleen's mascara. It actually came out really well, but you either know Silent Bob, or you don't -- and more than half of the people at work, don't.

Oh, well.

No comments: