Monday, October 01, 2007

K&W at Yorba Linda -- 21Sep2007

Uneventful, pretty good, gig. Took a first-time stab at "The Sound of Silence", which went pretty fair, I guess, and got more applause than it deserved. I don't really like my voice and/or my singing on it, for some reason, but I can't find a way to do it better. But the guitar part is fascinating, with the first part all high-notes tinkly, and the rest of it strummed.

But even at that, the strumming sounds bad on my guitar when it's electrified -- I get more wood-thump than note, so every strum sounds like I'm drumming my fingers on the saddle-piece, with a faint hint of the actual notes behind it. I've been working up to bringing my electric guitar along to the gigs for certain songs -- and this might have to be one that's in the electric set, even though it's classically an acoustic song -- if that's not too weird.

The coffee girls like us there, as does the (assistant?) manager. I had, unexpectedly, the presence of mind, as we were leaving and they were telling us how great we are, to tell them to report that back to the District Manager, whose office is in that building. He's essentially our "boss", and mostly, apparently, gets only negative reports when we do something wrong (like play too much). It would be nice if he got some positive feedback, once.

No comments: