Friday, April 04, 2008

Keith solo at South Coast Plaza -- 28March2008

Another quiet but pleasant night. I do love the acoustics at the South Coast Plaza store.

Unfortunately, Big Earholes Guy manager was there, so I couldn't put the tip jar and CDs out. But that's OK, simplifies pack-up anyway.

I had a group of 4 teenage Latinas show up and ask for mainly Beatles songs. Lots of 'em -- including "Yesterday" which I have in the book, but don't normally do. That was pretty fun for a while.

And towards the end, an young Asian lady and her mom showed up, listening intently, and the mom was requesting songs with her daughter as intermediary. They stayed through the end, and then the daughter came up and introduced herself as "Fatima", and told me that she's "the band" there for next Friday -- her first outing with Borders. She had lots of questions about how it works and what to bring and what to do, and I answered as much as I could -- I know how hard it is to get started.

Her Borders blurb says, "Fatima sings in English, Vietnamese, and French, and is easy and fun to listen to. She's a musical breath of fresh air." She told me that she sings and has a guitar and keyboard player backing her up. I hope she does well, she was a sweetie.

No comments: