Saturday, May 24, 2008

K&W at Mission Viejo -- 10May2008

We tried a new location within the store this time -- over in the "corner" of the café, near the magazine racks. This made the sound reflections different (better?) and got us at least a little further from the grinders. I thought it was a bit better anyway, though it made it more crowded for the two of us. When we play in the middle of the side wall, the sound there is almost unbearable.

Anyway, we played for an hour, and then Warren had to leave to join another guy at The Spectrum. This was both "a better offer" for him (he's played with me dozens of times already), and a scouting mission to see if we might fit in and/or be able to play there. No report on that part of it yet, though.

I kept playing solo, and was getting some pretty good connections going towards the end there. After I'd packed most of my gear and was going around collecting the song sheets up, I fell into talking with an older couple who really seemed to like my stuff, and were somewhat educated about music, having some friends that play at various places. That was kind of nice. They really thought I should go down and try to get a job at some of the restaurant/bars down in Newport. Interesting thought...

No comments: