Monday, December 22, 2008

Keith at "Santa Paws" -- 20Dec2008

The lady that coordinates the "talent" for the Mission Viejo Recreation Committee called me up at the last minute to see if I wanted to play for the annual "Get a picture of your dog on Santa's lap" Animal Shelter fundraiser on Saturday afternoon. Heck, I'll play anywhere, so I said yes.

Not a whole lot of people, but a pretty steady stream of nice folks with their dogs, and the ladies who were working the camera and printer and such were appreciative. I was already booked for the next night, and it made a nice preparatory rehearsal and desensitation for me. Lay of the land and all that.

Daleen came down and took some pictures. I'd expected it to be freezing again, which I guess I'm getting paranoid of after the AC fiasco at Borders the night before, so I started off wearing my red sweater and leather jacket. But it was really hot out there in the sun so I ended up playing in my "Lime in the Coconut" T-shirt, which is a cool shirt and all, but I don't normally perform in such casual dress...

I did have a little table with a hat and some CDs, and I somehow made 20 bucks -- quite good for as few people who were there. Must be some kind of Christmas Spirit thing.

No comments: