Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Keith at Borders Mission Viejo -- 28Feb2009

Quite nice. Warren couldn't make it, so I was solo, in complete contrast to the gig the night before with both Warren and Bobby. Smaller, quieter, indoors. Warm.

Lots of friendly people, off and on, through the evening. Starting out with Daleen's new next-block-over dog-walking friend and her husband (and later on, Daleen herself). They apparently don't get out much, and she was grinning like a schoolgirl the whole night, asking for songs, and taking pictures.

Towards the end, a little girl (about 10) showed up (with two boys and a dad), who plopped down in the table right next to me, and joined right in singing "If I Fell". She was apparently a big Beatles fan, so I ended up doing several Beatle songs for her/them: "All My Lovin'", "Octopus's Garden", etc., and my new "Hey Jude" (which I'm deciding does work better capoed up 2). She sang along quietly on most of them -- that was fun.

I was singing pretty well, and feeling a lot more in control than the night before, and had a pretty widespread, if low key, response most of the night. But I guess they liked me more than they were showing, 'cuz there was $25 in the tip jar, which is pretty good from so small a group.

No comments: