Wednesday, July 22, 2009

K&W at Borders South Coast Plaza -- 17July2009

Well, that was pretty dreadful, so here are some pictures of our new kitten:

I suppose I've performed worse -- I imagine those first few, or dozen, or hundred, performances were pretty awful -- but I'm pretty sure that the ratio of Artistic Capability to Art Delivered has never been worse. I played pretty badly, and not only was my voice not cooperating (until about halfway through), but I wasn't focused enough to ask it for much anyway. I won't go on about it -- let's just say I had an "off night" and move on.

Roy and Keri came by, and brought friends, which left me with the quandary of whether to do new songs that aren't very solid yet, but that my brother hasn't heard, or to do old favorites that are good and solid, to impress the friend. I guess I ended up doing a little of both -- the friend asked for "Pancho and Lefty", and Roy asked for "Hallelujah". I also played my new "Billie Jean", and some others.

But, like I told Warren, the upside to playing badly all night is that I don't have to comb through the 3 hours of video looking for "good takes" -- 'cuz I already know there aren't any.

Next week we're going on a "Mexican Riviera" cruise (me and the family, not me and Warren), so I'll be off of performing for two weekends. Let's hope I get my mojo back during the break.

No comments: