Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We're really rockin' now!

We've been having way too much fun with "The Beatles: Rock Band" since I got it for my birthday. And spending way too much money on it, too. I "invested" my unexpected windfall tips of two weeks ago on a set of drums and the optional cymbal kit, which arrived yesterday.

We played with it for a little while without the cymbals, and all three girls are better at it, from the get-go, than I am. But I'm getting the hang of it. And once I added the cymbals (which really just substitute for the pads, but are more "realistically" placed), it's really fun. You really do feel like a drummer, especially when there's a recognizable "pa-dum-dum, pish!" sequence that you nail.

Anyway, Daleen won't play guitar or sing, but she seems to like the drumming, so we may have ourselves a four-part family band going, with drums, guitar, bass, and a singer. Pretty cool!

No comments: