Friday, February 25, 2011

K&W at Borders Mission Viejo -- 12Feb2011

Pretty typical quiet evening at Borders. As usual, most of the people were there to read/study, not to listen to some local musicians, so it was tough to get anything going.

I pulled out all the usual crowd-pleasers, but couldn't make a dent, so I decided to have some fun for myself by trying some more unusual (and, admittedly, ill-advised) numbers (i.e., "The Air That I Breathe" and Heart's "Alone"). That, obviously, didn't work either.

Finally though, near the end of the evening, some people came in who were tuned in a bit, and requested some songs. One of their requests was "I Want To Hold Your Hand", and I'm sure they were expecting "the usual way", but I've been doing it in the "Across the Universe" / "Glee" way, which is much slower and makes it astonishingly deep. Sometimes I feel a little embarrassed and self-conscious doing it that way, and sometimes (like this time) it rips my guts out. Took me a while to recover enough to play the next song...

No comments: