Friday, February 25, 2011

Keith at Borders South Coast Plaza -- 18Feb2011

Usually this is a K&W gig, but Warren had a better offer, so I went in solo. As usual, mostly apathetic people there, but occasionally I managed to pique someone's interest. Got a big smile from a little 8-year-old girl and her dad when I fired up "A Whole New World" from Aladdin.

A storm was coming in (the one that would rain out my scheduled gig at Spectrum the next night), so I played and sang, and watched the outdoor shade umbrellas getting tossed. I managed to alert the store guys to go get them before they got too damaged, I hope.

The wind came up pretty hard, and one of the windows behind me was loudly rattling in the frame or something, and sounding like someone was knocking to come in. Spooky, and distracting.

But not as much as the guy who was there the whole evening, sitting in the very corner chair almost next to me, who clearly had the nasty cold that I'm still recovering from. He hacked and coughed and horked all night long, while staring at his iPad screen, and occasionally commenting on a song I'd played. I wasn't really worried about catching it myself, since I've already got it, but there were other people there, and, Dude, I'm tryin' to play here! Some people...

No comments: