Saturday, January 25, 2014

K&W in Laguna Beach -- Saturday, 25Jan2014

Well, our January heat spell is over so it was freezing out (or, you know, "California freezing", i.e., 50's). We had lots of people come by and listen for a bit, but most of them were ill-prepared for how cold it got, so they couldn't stay for long.

Laguna has fewer teenagers wandering around than Spectrum, so although I played my new secret weapon, "Let It Go" several times, it didn't work as well here. But I did play more Disney than usual and collected a few small crowds when the young families, and young-at-heart older "kids", came by. One young lady told us right out that she was a huge Disney fan, so I held her, and she her friends, captive for quite a while, playing through my Disney catalog.

I sold two CDs, and was able to light up a few faces (in more ways than one) with some fingerlights. A darn good night, despite the cold. Can't wait for Spring, though.




1 comment:

John Johnson said...

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night shall stay this busker from the leisurely completion of his appointed tunes.