Friday, December 04, 2015

Keith at Lawyer Party -- Friday, 04Dec2015

I guess they liked me last year, so they had me back again to play at the Orange County Bar Association holiday party. I forgot my Christmas tie, but luckily had my hat out in the car -- I figured it was too silly for a lawyer party, but the lady who hires me for these asked about it and wanted me to wear it, so I did.

The party itself went about the same as last year -- they're all there to socialize, after all, so I play and they talk and ignore me for the most part. Occasionally someone nice comes over to apologize that they don't appear to be listening, but they really do appreciate the music, and I'm pretty sure that's essentially true. And I did get paid.

This time I decided to put my tip jar out, albeit subtly on the ground in front of the speaker, and the lawyers again proved to be terrible tippers -- I made seven dollars. But I also put some cards out and several of them disappeared, so maybe something will come of that.

No comments: