Friday, March 25, 2016

Keith at Uncorked -- Friday, 25Mar2016

With the end of Daylight Savings Time, it was a little weird to show up for the gig in broad daylight. And apparently the wine drinkers of the world found it weird to be starting "so (apparently) early" as well, 'cuz nobody was there when I got there. I set up and was ready to play at 7:00, but at the owner's insistence, just waited around until the customers started to show. I had fun anyway, just figuring out the chords and playing along to the 80's Rock radio station they had on.

Eventually the place filled up and we had a nice night -- most everybody requested several songs. Oddly, one guy has a friend who's got free tickets to see a band at The Coach House next week, and he decided that I'm just the guy to give them to. He showed me videos of the band in action, and I'm in -- kind of neo-funky-folkie stuff. Guitar, bass, banjo, and washboard.

And a reappearance of Heather, my new guest singer. She wanted to take a crack at "You've Got a Friend" again, singing Carole King's version on top of my James Taylor guitar arrangement. But it worked mostly fine, and she's a sweetie.

Still loving the new amp -- much faster setup and teardown, only one trip to/from the car, really nice sound, no monitor needed, and no guitar feedback. Yay!

No comments: