Thursday, March 10, 2016

Keith at Senior Daycare -- Thursday, 10Mar2016

The "other performer" at the Senior Daycare has gotten (permanently?) sick, so they asked me if I could play twice a month from now on. It's an easy, nice, close, short, (indoor!) gig, so of course I accepted. But now I'm even more worried about playing the same songs over and over -- even though it's a "memory impaired" program so nobody's supposed to remember me from last time.

So it's a trade-off between playing through my limited number of songs that are old enough that they might know them, and playing different songs from last time and the time before. I suppose I'll settle on doing 4 or 5 "greatest hits" that they clearly respond to, and mixing up the rest.

This was the first official outing of my new "indoors" amplifier. It's exactly half the weight of my battery-powered rig, and comes in a cool roller-bag for transport. And it sounds amazing. And it has its own feedback-reduction circuit, so between that one and the one in the harmony box (which also acts as the guitar's interface), I might just be able to play my new guitar without feedback, finally.

I got it to play at the wine bar (tonight!) and this Senior gig, and it'll also work at the outdoor gigs with power, like the Artisan Faire/Farmer's Market kinds of things, and also Santa's Workshop come Christmastime. It's louder than the old amp, and has much better, clearer, sound. So far, I'm really pleased with it.

Lookit me -- a new guitar, a new amp, and a new(-ish) car to drive them around in. What's going on here?!?

No comments: