Saturday, June 18, 2016

Keith at Artisan Faire -- Saturday, 18June2016

When the Artisan Faire lady texted me last minute to see if I was available to play, I told her that I was already booked in Laguna that day, and if I did come, I'd have to quit at noon to make it there on time. She apparently had no other options, so signed me up anyway, 10-12 instead of 10-2.

I was glad I only had to stand there for two hours because, as always, it was nearly deserted. And it got me out of the sun before the real heat set in. But it gave me a chance to try my new sound system in a parking lot setting. Turns out it's got plenty of power to do that, but I can't use three quarters of it because the guitar feedback sets in. But I could get it plenty loud enough to cover this ever-shrinking and ghost town-quiet event.

So I played for almost nobody, with occasional scatterings of applause from the vendors out there, and the very few customers. I did have one lady come by and buy one of my 25-song "Favorites" CDs. She stood there reading through the song list on it and sadly said, "I know every song on here; how bad is that?" And I said, "No, that's *good*!" I guess she thought it meant that she was old, but doesn't it mean the same thing about me, then?

The Mission Viejo "City Events" sign on the main intersection by City Hall is on my way home from Laguna. I was shocked to catch my name on it just as the light turned green. You'd'a thought the Faire lady would have mentioned that.

No comments: