Sunday, June 05, 2016

Keith in Dana Point -- Sat/Sun, 04/05June2016

I guess the fear of being shut out in Laguna sets me up for a "double header", even on "our turn" Saturdays. But I don't want to thrash my back, feet, and fingers too much, and I need to get the batteries back on the chargers so I'll have enough juice for the evening, so I just played 10-noon again. And I had a nice brunch crowd, so that worked out.

Weirdest thing: a big angry guy came stomping down the promenade towards me, knocking over the fancy (and heavy!) metal trash cans as he passed them. But he just kept going, so after a while a lady came over and put it back up again. Dude, what was that all about?

And apparently Jesus came by while I wasn't looking and left his business card wrapped in a fiver. But there wasn't any actual contact info on the card, so maybe it wasn't so much a business card as a musical opinion. Thanks, man.

On Sunday, I played from 10:30 until about 2 when my fingers felt like hamburger and I needed one for lunch. Lots of cute kids out.

A guy came up and said that his daughter was re-opening a closed coffee shop in Laguna Beach, and he was going to take my card to her because "You'd be perfect". Sounds great, but since the "comes through" rate on these kinds of things is pretty close to zero, I won't be holding my breath...

No comments: