Friday, December 28, 2012

Keith at Laguna Beach -- 28Dec2012

Yes, I know I'm crazy, but I thought I'd see if I could sneak in just one more night of Christmas music, even though it was 3 days past Christmas. I thought maybe some folks might be out, on vacation like I was, and it was a Friday night...

And it was pretty OK. Cold, but not too bad, and some people out walking. There was a huge multigenerational family there as I was finishing setting up, and they were totally enthusiastic about having a "private performance", and stayed for half a dozen songs.

Oddly, just about the whole contingent of homeless guys were out, after not seeing any of them for several weeks. They're all pretty good guys, and quite respectful of what I'm there for, so they stay out of the way, but listen in.

And in addition to them, I had a pretty steady stream of people cruise by and smile or drop a buck in the jar, but nobody wanted to settle down on the bench in that cold. Did OK anyway, made 28 bucks, and got lots of nice comments. I guess it helped that there was so little traffic, so the sound was pretty good, for that spot. But I guess the Christmas songs are done for the year. Oh well.

No comments: