Sunday, December 16, 2012

Keith at Mission Viejo Santa's Workshop -- 16Dec2012

We had light rain off and on all day, so I didn't know if I should go down, but I'd had such a good time the week before that I took the risk. It sprinkled on my windshield all the way down there, but when I got there, it had stopped. I stalled for a while to see if it was really done, and decided to set up as simply as I could so that I could quickly tear it all back down again if it started to really rain. And I had brought a supply of garage towels to throw over everything, if need be.

But, it never did rain any more. Problem was (besides the mud), the threat of rain kept a lot of people away. And it turns out that the crazy kid party requires a critical mass of crazy, either in the form of one of a few really crazy kids, or a lot of mildly crazy ones -- and I got neither. I had kids come down, but it stayed pretty subdued because there just weren't enough kids.

But it was still fun, of course. And this time, I brought a little table and put out some of my Christmas CDs and the tip jar, and made $45. It seems like, once in a while, the kids will see another kid putting money in the jar, so they ask their dad for a buck, and it just snowballs.


No comments: