Friday, May 03, 2013

Keith at Irvine Spectrum -- Friday, 03May2013

Nice and warm out -- first gig this year where I didn't have to wear my jacket at all.

Had two little kids, quickly joined by a third, dancing for the very first song (which is always "Hotel California"). That's never happened before -- not to mention that it's not exactly a danceable song. Fortunately, for the really little ones, "music" equals "dancing time", and there's no requirement of any discernible correspondence between their "moves" and the music's beat.

We hired a consultant to help us with some software on a new product at work. He lives in Essex, England, and his name is Simon, 'cuz it's not Nigel (seems like the only two names they have over there, doesn't it?). He flew over for the week to get acquainted with the project as the players, and had the night off, so he walked over to hear me play. He sat at the tables, which are behind me, and worked on his laptop for a couple of hours. I looked around and checked on him every once in a while, and he'd grin and wave, so I guess he enjoyed it...

Anyway, a kind of low key night. I guess you can tell how well it went by the tips ($98), the CDs sold (4) and how late I ended up staying (10:45). Fair to middlin'.

1 comment:

John Johnson said...

You've confirmed the British stereotype of all Californians: tall, tan & talented.