Saturday, April 27, 2013

Keith at Charity Event -- Saturday, 27Apr2013

My cousin and his wife happened to come by while I was playing on the street corner Thursday night, and that apparently inspired her to ask me to play for her fancy-basket silent auction for her "preemie" charity.

It was a big side-less tent, set up at a fancy country club in Capistrano, with an open bar to help encourage high bidding on the baskets. I played over to one side, and was pretty much ignored as "background music" the whole time. Which was, of course, the whole idea -- the people were there to look at and bid on the baskets, not interact with me. So I just did my part, and hopefully they all did theirs, and brought their checkbooks.

Fortunately for me, after a while my co-worker Bonnie showed up with her boyfriend. He's a big Beatles fan, so at least I had somebody to play for, part of the time. And while they were standing in line at the bar, I started into "Hallelujah", and Bonnie turned around and gave me a big "thumbs up". I talk to her at work about my gigs, so it's good that she now knows what that's all about.

1 comment:

Valerie Park said...

I would have liked to attend that. Most especially if you ever start playing a tango. Mmmmm..... tango......