Monday, May 27, 2013

Keith in Laguna Beach -- Monday, 27May2013

Since I don't bar-be-que, I had nothing else going on for Memorial Day, so I went down to Laguna. I was worried that all the other musicians would be out, and that I'd probably not even be able to find a parking space, but I was wrong on both counts. As I got there at 3:00, Tom & Tommie were packing up to leave, so I got the Ice Cream corner, and there were inexplicably no other musicians out playing at all, even though there were lots of people to play for.

I got a way better response than the day before from the tourists and beach people, and pulled in a very respectable $60 for a three hour shift -- at least I'm finally beating minimum wage! There was almost always somebody sitting on the bench, though admittedly, most of them were there to eat their ice cream. Still, with the ice cream as a catalyst, most of them seemed to end up at least a little bit involved with the music before they wandered off.

All in all, a fine way to spend Memorial Day, and I'm glad I went.

No comments: