Saturday, June 01, 2013

Keith at Mission Viejo Farmer's Market -- Saturday, 01June2013

When they switched the Farmer's Market from Fridays to Saturdays, it made it easier on me to appear, but apparently harder on half of the vendors that they had lined up. They added an "Artisan's Alley" for craft people, but half of the "farmers" are gone, so it's pretty pathetic now. And the people who used to come out to shop seem to have given up, too, so it's pretty empty.

But, they pay the musicians, so I'll just pretend it's rehearsal time and take their money. I suppose that the vendors and customers can hear me around the place, but as far as I could tell, I played the whole first hour to literally nobody. Then a few parents came by with little kids, and wandered off after a few songs.

I did have a few people come by and check out the table with the CDs on it, and I guess two people "bought" some. I say "bought" (with quotes) because, although three CDs were missing, there was only ten bucks in the jar. I think one guy bought a CD for $5, and there were five ones which were actual tips. But I think the lady that took two CDs must have thought that they were party favors. Oh well -- I was still way in the black for the day, but if they weren't paying me up-front, it's just so dead, I don't think I'd go back there.

No comments: