Friday, September 20, 2013

Keith at Irvine Spectrum -- Friday, 20Sept2013

The weather was kind of gloomy, so I didn't expect many people to show up, but it was a pretty good turnout. I had three separate kids parties start up, and got a lot of attention for, not the music, but the glowing balls that I lined up at the front of the stage.

Typically, the parents keep the kids from taking my stuff (it's great fun to watch their mortified reactions when the kids snag some money out of the guitar case tips), but I guess there were a lot of largely unsupervised kids this time. Some would just look at the balls, some would touch them but leave them where they were, some would rearrange them into "much better" positions on the stage, and some would just grab one and take off with it. I realize that the balls are what the lawyers call an "attractive nuisance", but that's mainly why I have them.

One pair of sisters couldn't keep their hands off of them, but were also eating ice cream at the time, so everything ended up very sticky...

And, sure enough, my super-fan Gabby from Barcelona showed up again. They either come to Spectrum every night, or they're stalking my schedule webpage, 'cuz this is three in a row. This time she wanted to hear "Lemon Tree", which is on the "Tribute to My Dad" CD, so they must have a copy of all three of my CDs. Right after that one, Gabby wanted "Lollipop Tree", and when I said, "Oh, so *all* the 'tree' songs", only her mom understood enough English to laugh...


This blog post. Let me read you it.

No comments: