Friday, April 08, 2016

Keith at Uncorked -- Friday, 08Apr2016

Wow -- big night! Unlike previous weeks, the place was jumping even before I got there, and was Loud all night long. That was helped along by the mini reunion put together by my wife and her three best friends (and spouses) from high school. It's a good thing I had reserved them a table!

Anyway, pretty fun, but a bit tough to play in because it was nearly as rowdy as a "regular" bar. But I just kinda of favored my louder kinds of songs and went with it.

Plenty of requests, but frequently with my favorite dysfunction: Somebody requests a song and two songs after I've played it, they request it again, 'cuz they didn't notice I already played it. Or somebody will request a song that I just played, 'cuz they didn't really hear it but it registered in their brain somewhere. I just have to keep reminding myself: Wine bar.

The owner dragged another one of her regular karaoke friends up to sing a song, and he chose "Tiny Dancer" (after flirting with "Wild Horses"). He was decent, but dragged the tempo. Am I playing it too fast?

And frequent guest singer Heather was there again, but this time she chose "Landslide" and did a bang up job. I'm not sure I want to turn into a karaoke machine, but it makes the owner happy to have her friends get to sing, so I'm in. In moderation...

No comments: