Saturday, April 30, 2016

Keith in Dana Point -- Saturday, 30Apr2016


I meant to get down there at 3:00, but at the last minute I realized that I'd had trouble the week before seeing the iPad music book in the bright sun, so I sat down to make a paper copy and burned an hour (and a bunch of paper and ink) before I realized that I'd already done that a year ago. Idiot.

So I got there at 4:00 again, and there were plenty of people to play for, but only for a while. By 6:00 it was pretty empty, except for one guy who sat and listened and played with his phone while I kept playing just because it's so silent and nice down there.

Two little girls (and their dad) came by and surprised me by choosing "Part of Your World" (from "The Little Mermaid") instead of "Let It Go". Maybe "Frozen Fever" is finally wearing off.

So, I wish I'd'a gotten there sooner, but it was a useful exercise to get more comfortable with the spot, to play there and not get hassled by the restaurant guy, and to learn that, yes, earlier is better. Maybe much earlier. Noon-4? 10-2? We'll test that out next weekend.

No comments: