Monday, October 17, 2005

Keith and Geneva video

I borrowed the Mini DV tape that my dad shot at the "Keith with Geneva" show at RSM on July 23rd, so I finally broke down and installed the Firewire card that I bought 6 months ago, and it worked, first try. Why does it surprise me when stuff works these days?

Anyway, I snagged the whole 54 minutes (11 gig), sent it back out again to a blank tape for me to keep, and also re-output it as WMV (which took 75 minutes of slogging). I also snagged a single song ("They Don't Know"), with Geneva singing, which clocks in at a manageable 8 meg, to show it can be done. Not sure what to do with it -- maybe I'll post it on the K&W songlist page with the MP3s.

The software ("Movie Maker 2", comes with XP) can also snag respectable still shots at 640x480 right off the movie. They look pretty good as-is, and processed down to blog size, they're quite usable. And I get to single-frame through the whole movie to find just the right shot -- still camera shots tend to catch the singer in an "F" or some other funny-mouth pose.

No comments: