Monday, October 03, 2005

K&W - MV 01Oct2005

Another good night at Mission Viejo. Warren got there before I did and talked to Cidne, the sweetheart of a manager there, and she told him that she's got my "Waltzing With Bears" CD playing non-stop in her car. And, of course, that we'd have to play it for her, which, of course, we did.

We started early (7:30), 'cuz Warren wanted to leave partway through to go see a favorite band of his that doesn't play very often. I went ahead and kept playing until 10:45. Longest gig ever, I think. We/I played 51 songs (that I remember) in that time, sold 4 CDs, and brought in $38. Not sure why the tips lately are so much better than they've ever been. Mysterious.

I did try something new -- "introducing" each song before we played it. This, hopefully, gave Warren a little "heads-up" which he normally gets precious little of, and filled the time while we were tuning or I was flipping through the book looking for the song. Maybe it helped, but I felt kind of stupid introducing songs like "Something" and "Fire and Rain" -- as if anyone wouldn't recognize 'em...

No comments: