Sunday, January 25, 2009

Adventures in String Changing

After I installed the new pickup in my guitar, I was putting on the new strings. I usually do that sitting on the bed, 'cuz it's easiest to hold the guitar with it standing on the floor between my knees. Anyway, I had 4 strings installed, and the tools and 2 remaining new strings are spread out around me on the bed, when Bonnie and the "puppy" Annabelle (she's now bigger than either of the two adult dogs) come romp/tussling in, as they do constantly, unless they're asleep. They look just like that comic strip "fight" where it's just a spinning dust cloud with hands and legs sticking out of it.

Anyway, they tumble around for a while, and take off again, romping down the hall. I try to get back to work, but when I look for the next string, there's one missing. I look around the bed, next to the bed, under the bed. Spreading the search out -- bathroom, hallway. Turns out it's on the floor in the office, at the plumb other end of the house.

Jeez. Only in my house do you have to hire security just to change your guitar strings...

No comments: