Wednesday, May 13, 2009

K&W at Irvine Spectrum -- 09May2009

Well, that was pretty awful. After last week's success, I was thinking that each Spectrum gig would better than the one before it, as it got warmer and more people came out. Unfortunately, it was colder, and although there were people out, they were all grumpy or something, and we never did get anything going.

I suppose it's (always) at least partially my fault. I play OK, and I sing OK, but I'm not really much of an "Entertainer", and can't really "get an audience going" like some guys do. And since I only play well if somebody's really listening, I'm afraid that if nobody joins in somewhere along the way, I go into a death-spiral. I should try to fix that about me. I guess I'll look into that right after I fix my other personality flaws: bad listener, short patience for fools, too much of a perfectionist...

It wasn't all bad, though. With nobody listening we could play lots of the new songs with impunity (Warren's other "date" stood him up, so I wasn't solo after all). And I suppose there were a few people that listened in for a while.

Anyway, a new record "low" for tips there: $16. Which actually, again, wouldn't have been half-bad at a Borders gig, so I should shut up.

I did get a few decent songs off of the video, and posted them:
Under the Boardwalk
Yesterday
Country Road
Your Song

No comments: