Friday, April 27, 2012

Keith at "Arts Alive!" -- 21Apr2012

On Friday afternoon, I got an email from Dru, the lady who books the Mission Viejo gigs (Santa and Farmer's Market), inviting me to play on Saturday for the "Arts Alive!" event that they do. It's a little event for kids that exposes them to all kinds of arts, apparently since the schools don't, anymore. There was various booths for the kids to do painting, play with band instruments, get an airbrush tattoo, and a little violin concert in the afternoon. She offered to let me play until the violin guys started, so I did.

That made my shift from 11 to 1, and there were very few people there, but I'm getting much more OK with that 'cuz, you know, it's kinda fun just to play real loud with all the equipment. And a few appreciative people (mostly from the other booths) came by and smiled or said nice things, so not a complete loss. Also, Dru came by to buy a full set of CDs from me, which was unnecessary but nice of her.

Of course, it's worth my while in the long run to get in good with her, so she'll book me for more (paid) Farmer's Market gigs, and better shifts for Santa -- and whatever else she's in charge of that I don't know about.

No comments: