Saturday, April 07, 2012

Keith at Laguna Artwalk / Twig -- 05Apr2012

Susie let me play at her shop for the Laguna Art Walk again.  The weather was finally nice, and the auto traffic was definitely "up", though the in-store foot traffic was about the same.  It's still a lot of fun for me, though -- watching people go by the shop, even the ones that only look in and smile.  Of course, even better are the ones that slow down, stop, and decide to come inside to browse and listen.


The peak was around eight o'clock when 6 or 8 people came in.  The older guy was clearly impressed, and after reading through the list, told me confidentially that if I could play "Here Comes the Sun", his daughter's British boyfriend would be impressed.  I can play it pretty well, but only if I've been practicing the heck out of it all week, which I hadn't, so I declined.

But I offered "In My Life" as an alternative, and had the lot of them singing along, and the dad slow dancing with his wife, too.  When it was over, the mom told me it was her favorite song (hence, I suppose, the dancing), and the boyfriend came over, shoved up his sleeve, and showed me the tattoo on his wrist: "There are Places I Remember" in script.


Toward the end of the night, I watched a couple walking along across the street as the visibly pricked up their ears, spotted me, and made a beeline across the street (jay walking!) to come into the shop.  It's still unclear if they wanted to hear me better, or if they were just in need of more shopping, but they sure were determined!

24 bucks in the jar this time, a new record, but I think that most of that was Susie being needlessly generous again -- just letting me play there is "gift" enough!

1 comment:

Jimmy Lee Robbins said...

Keith , I remember playing " In My Life " around our High School days ... it was always one of my favorite tunes which reminds me of our youth of course . I am so happy that you are playing those tunes, keeping the Beatles alive ! Thanks You for keeping " the flame " burning !!!