Friday, August 17, 2012

Keith at Laguna Beach -- 14Aug2012

Still not very many people out, but they seemed less hurried, so I was able to drag a few groups in to sit for a while and listen.

And there were even some kids to give bubble tubes to. At first there was an Asian family, and I tried to get the two kids to come over and take some bubbles from me, but they were too shy or afraid of taking gifts from strangers. I was a little worried that their dad would see and be upset at me, but when he finally noticed, he shouted, "Hey, thanks!" and made his reluctant kids get up and come take them. It was odd that the kids were more conservative than their dad...

But mostly it was a low-traffic, low-pressure evening, and I was able to quit at 9:00 and get in bed at a reasonable time for once. And $60 in the jar, so I guess the Olympics being over did help some. I suppose I'll go down a few more times, but it certainly looks like summer is dwindling down.

No comments: