Monday, August 27, 2012

Keith at Private Party -- 25Aug2012

In a strange arrangement, the city of Mission Viejo lets a private club of about 80 rose gardeners tend the city's Rose Garden, which they do for free. So the city people decided to throw them a nice Appreciation Dinner, and asked me to play background music. More fallout (along with the Farmer's Market gigs) from getting to know the Santa Claus booking lady.

Almost everybody in the club is "older", you know, like me, so they all really liked my stuff. I played through dinner, then quit so they could have their recognition announcements, after which about half of them left. But some of them stayed specifically to listen to me some more, and said so! Even during the evacuation, more than half of them said something like "I loved your music!" as they walked by to leave.

It was outdoors, but in a quiet enclosed patio area behind City Hall, so the sound was terrific. Indeed, I could hear myself so well that it was intimidating, having to play every word and note perfectly since they were so clear. Especially after playing the street corner in Laguna for so long lately, where I can barely hear anything and am just playing and singing on faith.

So I had a great time -- great sound and lots of appreciative people listening. And I got paid, too -- can't beat that.

No comments: