Friday, October 12, 2012

K&W at Laguna Beach -- 09Oct2012

A very slow night, as I'd expected to come even earlier, but made bearable and even fun by the presence of Silly Patty, who somehow manages to maintain her enthusiasm all night even though she's heard almost every song I know by now.

Actually, that's not quite true. She came by when I was standing on the lonely Tuvalu corner during Art Walk last week, and I showed her the "Everything" page of my iPad song book, which has (currently) 238 songs on it (as opposed to the 104 songs on the printed handout list). The balance are songs that I don't play very well (but will muddle through if asked), and obscure songs that I don't think many people know. The "B List", if you will.

Patty immediately spotted a few songs that she liked, so I guess I ought to print that list up and let her go through it, since she's sweet enough to overlook the mistakes I'm bound to make on these seldom-practiced songs. So I played quite a few half-remembered songs, not too terribly, and that's kind of fun.

Other than Patty, we had a scant few tourists come by, and went home with $15. Maybe it'll pick up again when "Holiday Season" comes around.

No comments: