Thursday, November 01, 2012

Keith at Laguna Beach -- 31Oct2012

When I got home and told my wife how deserted it had been down in Laguna on the night before, she said, "You should go down *tomorrow* night", meaning, on Halloween itself. This sounded like a terrific idea, so, although I don't normally do (or have the stamina to do) two nights in a row, I went down.

Great theory, but, nope, nobody out. None of the hoped-for crowds of costumed revelers; no photo opps with crazy party people (and I'd brought my camera). The city of Laguna Beach is really missing a bet, not hyping up a big downtown party like New York does.

Oh well. There were a few of the homeless guys out, and a nice couple stood on the opposite street corner and listened for a while -- not sure why they were so shy. Afraid of the homeless guys? And later on, a couple pulled to a stop 'cuz the guy was impressed that I was playing "Scarborough Fair" correctly. Their appreciation 3 bucks and 2 more made up the lowest tip-jar count in recent memory.

At least, having learned a lesson the night before, I gave up at the early hour of 8:00, and got enough sleep for a change.

No comments: