Monday, November 19, 2012

Keith at Mission Viejo Farmer's Market -- 16Nov2012

They've added a "Craft Faire" to the usual farmers' booths, so I was expecting (hoping?) that they'd be Christmas-y, so I could play some Christmas songs, even though it's before Thanksgiving. But they were just regular crafts, not Christmas stuff, so that didn't work.

So, a pretty standard, quiet, gig. I guess I'm just background music, since everybody there is either shopping, or selling. Maybe a dozen people come over to the tables out in front of me to eat lunch, but they pretty much ignore me, too. It's a good thing I'm getting paid, 'cuz it's really not a lot of fun to be playing to nobody. I can do that at home.

The bread guy wasn't there, so no free bread this time, but I did run into some ladies (don't know what booth they'd been running) in the parking lot on the way out who told me how pleasant it was to have me there. I said that I was glad they liked it, 'cuz I'll be back in three weeks...

No comments: