Tuesday, February 26, 2013

K&W in Laguna Beach -- 26Feb2013

It was a nice warm day, so I was hoping that some people would be out, but it turned really cold, and they weren't. I played some popular stuff for a while, but nobody really wanted to stop to listen, so I started playing some obscure stuff from the "Other" list. That was actually really fun.

And sometimes I neglect songs that I don't (or didn't) think "worked", but actually do sound good out in the Real World. Like "I'll Never Find Another You", "Wichita Lineman", "Mister Bojangles", and "Trouble"" which sounded pretty good last night. OTOH, there are several that deserve their place in obscurity, not because they're bad songs, but because my rendition is sub-par (I'm lookin' at you, "Down at the Twist and Shout" and "I've Got a Name"). I guess it's also good to discover where I need more practice...

Not quite a new record low, tips-wise, at eight bucks. Or thirteen, if you count the cool New Zealand five dollar bill. (It's got a window! And Mount Everest! And a little tractor! And a penguin on the back!)

No comments: