Saturday, April 06, 2013

Keith at Irvine Spectrum - Saturday 06Apr2013

Nice weather, lots of people out. Mostly on their way to something else, though, until later in the evening. One good thing was that my Maintenance buddy turned the fountain water down much lower than usual, so the water noise was lower than usual too.

Pretty straightforward night overall. I did have one nice shave-headed foreign-accented guy who really liked my stuff. Reminded me of the Dean on "Community", but taller. He hung around a long time, left and came back for more. Asked for a few songs in his outrageous accent, and bought a CD, too.

I did have a little two-year-old come over to stand right in front of the stage and just *stare* at me. I was in the middle of a song that I know by heart, so I was able to sing straight back at her, and walked to the edge of the stage, and knelt down to get closer to her -- much to the delight and picture-snapping of the parents and crowd. With my creaky old knees I had a tough time getting back *up* again, while keeping the guitar and vocals going, but it was worth it.

Anyway, a great if mostly uneventful night. Almost broke the tips record with $180 in the jar. Spring has been a long time coming, but it's finally here.

No comments: