Saturday, April 06, 2013

Keith at Mission Viejo Farmer's Market -- Saturday, 06Apr2013

They moved the Farmer's Market from Friday (where I had to miss some work), to Saturday. But I guess a lot of the vendors that they had on the roster were already booked somewhere else on Saturdays, because it's quite a bit smaller, and therefore quieter. Fewer vendors, and fewer shoppers, too.

But it was a nice day out, and a few mommies brought their kids over to listen a while, so it was fun, even if it was mostly just a nice little (paid) practice session.

And I guess it was a good thing that it was a nice quite environment, 'cuz I set everything up and started playing, turned up to what seemed like a nice moderate level. But then when I was tearing down, I went to unplug the second speaker to find that I had strung the wire over to it, but never actually plugged it in. Oh well, at least nobody came over to complain that I was too loud.

Fortunately, it was only a two-hour gig, since my fingers were pretty sore already from the ill-advised four hours the night before in Laguna, and I had another gig coming up later that evening at Spectrum...

No comments: