Saturday, November 09, 2013

K&W in Laguna Beach -- Saturday, 09Nov2013

Well, we must have been having fun, 'cuz we played from 5 to 10:30. Pretty great night, for "winter". It did get pretty cold later on, and my back gets all tense and really gets to hurting, but I don't much notice it until I stop playing...

Around 9 or so it got pretty slow, so I started playing some songs I don't do very much, one of which was "Still Crazy After All These Years". Just as I was getting to the end of it, a lady came running across the street and said, "Oh, I love that song! Can you play it again and let me sing it?!?" I figured she might as well -- there weren't many people around, so I gave her my mic and we ran through it again. She was pretty good, too.

A nice lady came by with her husband, and she asked for quite a few songs, and I played some stuff that I figured she'd like. I kept her there for a long time, playing songs she couldn't resist. When they finally got up to leave, I fired up "Over the Rainbow", and they turned around and sat back down. After a while, she started crying, which wasn't really my intent... I don't know what significance that song holds for her, but it's nice to get such a strong response, I guess.


Click 'Play' to hear the "podcast version". (Fair warning: it's really just me ramblin' on about this gig for 3 minutes.)


No comments: