Tuesday, November 26, 2013

K&W in Laguna Beach -- Tuesday, 26Nov2013

I had pretty much decided to quit playing Tuesdays until it gets warmer, but it was a nice day, and a pleasant evening, and we got a lot of people to stop and listen for a while. It was a bit early, but I snuck in a few Christmas songs when a family with young kids came by.

I watched as a car pulled into the very closest parking spot. A lady got out, opened the back door, and lifted a very old Samoyed from the back seat. She carried him over to the bench, and sat down with him on her lap, and just sat and listened, and petted him. I grew up with Samoyeds, so I went over between songs and petted him a little. She said he was 14 years old, mostly blind and lame, and she just liked to get him out once in a while -- 'bout to broke my heart. After while, she carried him back to the car and left.

We had a young couple from Brazil come by and buy a CD, and then a nice lady stopped and just kind of adopted us for a while. She asked for several songs, and then asked if I knew any "spiritual" Christmas songs. Not too many, as it turns out, but I do have "Oh, Holy Night" in the book for just such an occasion, I guess. And it's pretty much fun to sing (belt) -- and especially so when I'm warmed up after playing for a few hours.

No comments: